Monday, January 2, 2012

Preparations

Hello, and welcome to my blog!  This is my very first post, so if it's lame, give me a break and try again later!  Thanks for stopping by...


School is over, the holidays are past, I have registered for my Alaska course, and I am packing my things.  The course doesn't start until the end of April, but having been in Wichita for five and a half years now, I am anxious to get on my way.  Since I don't have anything tying me to Wichita, I am planning to spend the rest of the winter (Feb-April) in San Diego, CA where I know a few people and have a free place to stay. The only thing holding me back is my car...I have to get it sold before I can leave--and pay for my trip.
Why San Diego...This past October, I made a long overdue trip to San Diego to visit my friend Bobby, who I know from my time in the Marine Corps.  He owns a condo in SD and has insisted that I come stay with him for a couple months, free of charge...and he also happens to have an extra surf board for me. So, clearly the real question is, why not?! Ever since I left in 2006, I have been dreaming about the beautiful weather and terrain of Southern California that made me love the outdoors, so I am looking forward to spending some time out there while I can.  I will need to find some kind of work, but I'm flexible and I don’t need much, so I hope to have time to surf, cycle, and run my way to a pretty good level of fitness before heading north in April.   

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget your 'nocs. I bet Orion looks "stellar" from the coastline. If you want to sell that car quick, craigslist will take it off your hands pretty fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely will August...you know what will be interesting is the difference of the night sky at 61+ latitude. The north star will be almost overhead and everything will spin around it instead of stars going from east to west.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete